MC-2 is a tube type MC head amp with no special requirements. (MC-1 has special conditions.)
<Reasons for creating a tube head amp>
This MC-2 head amp is a tube type, and the audio signal does not pass through resistance.
I think that the parts that degrade the sound quality of an audio system are transistors, transformers, and resistors.
The step-up transformer has a good SN ratio and is the most common MC step-up product in the world.
However, a phase shift occurs between high and low frequencies as a characteristic of transformers.
Considering the phase shift, I feel the limit of the step-up transformer is 20~20kHz.
It was difficult to achieve a high SN ratio with a vacuum tube, so I had a hard time making the MC-2, but I was finally able to commercialize it.
MC-2 has no phase shift and almost no frequency limit.
All products of Miyajima Laboratory are designed so that audio signals avoid these three as much as possible.
By avoiding these three, a Hi-Fi audio system with realistic sound quality is completed.
The MC-2 is the ideal MC head amp.
- Both low impedance cartridges and high impedance cartridges are supported.
- Receive with a 50k ohm load impedance amplifier.
- There is a slight white noise of the tube at high volume.
- The MC-2 occasionally receives broadcasts and illegal radio in wooden buildings, but not in steel buildings.
* Product specifications are subject to change without notice for improvement. Please understand.